PORTO ALEGRE for TRAVELLERS

Is for...uhm, travellers. In this blog you'll find lots of useful info about the city of Porto Alegre, or PoA, as we call it. I'm still putting the pages together but pretty soon there'll be a lot more to read and see and plenty of links.

I'm making a distinction here between the traveller and the tourist because PoA's not much of a touristy city but there are plenty of things to see and do and there is a rich unique culture. PoA's well off the normal tourist routes of Brazil but we've been visited a lot fairly recently because of the World Social Forum

Am I qualified to write about PoA for travellers? I think so, I'm a Brit, so I've got an outsider's point of view, and I've been here for over 15 years, so I've got an experienced point of view too! After 15 years though, I'm almost a native.

So welcome, browse around, feel free to comment and ask q's.

1 comment:

cleyenne said...

Love your blog, congratulations!!
I would love to hear some more about POA, and will try to email you some questions - am writing a report on Youth culture and the tribes in Brazil!

all the best,
Cley